Friday 29 July 2016

Term 3 Week 1

                            Term 3 Week 1

This week we all did a story on earthquakes, we did this because we recently had an earthquake that we felt. I found out that we have around 5 earthquakes every 24 hours but we just don't feel them all. Here is my writing I did on earthquakes.


Earthquakes can be very destructive and you can tell how big they are online by going to geonet.com on your browser. It’s truly amazing how many earthquakes happen in a city within 24 hours. We had about 5 earthquakes in the last 24 hours in our country. The biggest ones magnitude was 4.3 . The 1931 napier earthquake magnitude was 7.8, it was on tuesday 3rd of february 1931 at 10:47am. One day ago in the south island there was a strong 5.0 earthquake. In the napier earthquake 256 people died. There was two major aftershocks in the napier earthquake, there was a 6.4 magnitude aftershock on the 5 days after and a 7.3 magnitude aftershock 10 days after.


I was away on Thursday because i had a really sore stomach.
I missed tech yesterday sadly but i was not feeling well at all.
Today we have Electives and I am doing Peak Fitness.







No comments:

Post a Comment